- Curriculum includes academic, college prep, honors,
and advanced placement levels of study
- Additional college dual credit options available
in social studies, foreign language, and business
- Current seniors’ average SAT scores well above
both state and national averages
- Current average class size is 20 and current
student/teacher ratio is 15/1
- Weekly ineligibility/failure check for
- Dedicated, certified faculty with 46% holding
an advanced degree
- Art and music programs
- Online access to homework and grades with MMS
Average SAT Scores
|2015 School Year||Critical
|York Catholic Average||540||519||537|
***97% of the Class of 2015 took the SATs.
Advanced Placement Program
- Current AP Courses: Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English Literature, U.S. History, and Statistics. All students in AP courses must take the AP exam.
- Additional accelerated and honors courses are offered in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and World Language.
- 96% of the students taking AP exams scored a 3 or higher in 2015-16 with the entire AP Calculus class scoring 5’s.
- Four equal marking periods.
- Numerical mark is used.
- 70 is the passing grade.
- A non-weighted GPA is based on all major subjects. All students carry a yearly and cumulative GPA based on percent grades. A weighted GPA is based on a quality point system and is calculated based on the difficulty of the courses.
F Below 70
York Catholic is a part of the Diocese of Harrisburg school system and is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, York Catholic retains membership in the National Catholic Education Association and the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
- All students are required to carry six major subjects plus required minors such as Physical Education and Health.
- 25 credits are necessary for graduation.
- Requirements are as follows:
Religion 4.0 credits
English 4.0 credits
Science 3.0 credits
Math 3.0 credits
Social Studies 3.0 credits
Arts/Humanities 2.0 credits
Electives 5.0 credits
Physical Education 1.0 credit
In its efforts to lead students to academic achievement, the administration and faculty of York Catholic High School observes the following criteria for student participation in extra-curricular activities:
- If student fails three or more major subjects in an official marking period, he/she is ineligible to participate in any extra-curricular activities until the completion of the next marking period. Any student who fails two subjects for any quarter is ineligible until the first ineligibility list of the next quarter.
- If a student received a weekly failure report in more than one major subject, he/she is ineligible to participate in any extra-curricular activities during the upcoming week (Monday through Sunday). If at the end of the one week ineligibility period a student no longer has two or more failure reports in subject areas, he/she may resume participation in extra-curricular activities. In cases where a student continues to have two or more failure reports, his/her ineligibility is extended for the next one week period.
The 2016 graduates of York Catholic High School received college scholarships offers totaling more than 7.12 million dollars. Over 72% of the Class of 2016 were awarded scholarships. The following is a list of colleges and universities that extended invitations of acceptance to the Class of 2016:
- Alvernia University
- Carlow University
- Catholic University of America
- Delaware Valley University
- DeSales University
- Drexel University
- Duquesne University
- Eastern Illinois University
- Eastern University
- Elizabethtown College
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Gettysburg College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Kennesaw State University
- King’s College
- LaSalle University
- Lock Haven University
- Loyola University of Maryland
- McDaniel College
- Mercyhurst North East
- Millersville University
- Misericordia University
- Mount Holyoke College
- University of Mount Union
- New York University
- Paul Smith’s College
- Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Pennsylvania State University, Main Campus
- Pennsylvania State University, York Campus
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Francis University
- Saint Joseph University
- Saint Vincent College
- Salisbury University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- Temple University
- United States Coast Guard
- University of Iowa
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown
- University of Scranton
- University of Tampa
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- University of York – England
- West Chester University
- York College of Pennsylvania
- Xavier University