Due to COVID-19, the State of Pennsylvania currently has capacity limits for extra-curricular activities. As of March 3, 2021, indoor events and gatherings are limited to 15% of maximum occupancy. Outdoor events and gatherings are limited to 20% of maximum occupancy.
Those numbers include players/participants, coaches, trainers, security, medical, athletic game management, etc. The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) has instructed schools to follow the State of Pennsylvania directives regarding these capacity limits. With that direction, York Catholic will follow these spectator guidelines for Spring sports:
Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Soccer Games
We can allow 4 guests per player, per game to attend home and away games. A guest list will be used at the admissions gate instead of tickets. The admission gate will open 45 minutes prior to the start of the game.
We can allow 2 guests per player, per game to attend home and away games. A guest list will be used at the admissions gate instead of tickets. The admission gate will open 45 minutes prior to the start of the game.
All track meets are held off of our property. While we do not regulate our off-site venues, we ask that all of our spectators respect our host schools and observe social distancing guidelines and Pennsylvania’s face covering mandate. York Catholic fans are expected to follow the 4 people per player rule at these events.
Unfortunately, York Catholic was informed by Penn State York that, due to COVID-19, we could not use their courts for our home tennis matches this season. As a result, all matches will be away matches. While we do not regulate our off-site venues, we ask that all of our spectators respect our host schools and observe social distancing guidelines and Pennsylvania’s face covering mandate. York Catholic fans are expected to follow the 4 people per player rule at these events.
General Rules for Home YC Athletic Events
- All fans will be asked COVID-19 screening questions before entering.
- All fans MUST wear face coverings during the events on school property.
- Fans must maintain at least a 6 feet social distance between themselves and the fans near them, unless they reside in the same household.
- All spectators must remain in the designated bleacher/sitting areas.
- Spectators will not be permitted to stand outside the fence area and watch the games. Any spectator doing so will be asked to leave.
- Spectators may not stand on the blacktop track around turf or grass areas.
- All spectators will be asked to leave immediately after a game is completed. No congregating or meeting the players on or around the field/gym will be permitted.
- For outdoor events, use of indoor school facilities will not be available. Portable restrooms will be available at the field.
- No concession stands will be open during the games. No outside food or beverages are permitted at games.
- There will be no re-entry to athletic events. Please be sure to bring everything from your vehicle that you will need during the event.
- Stadium admission will be from the school-side gate only. The alley gate will not be used this season.
Home games will be live streamed from the stadium and gymnasium. Please click below and save to your Favorites:
York Catholic Stadium:
York Catholic Gymnasium:
Away Games (click on the name of the host school):
This is and will be a fluid plan. We will continue to adjust as needed based on updated direction from the governing bodies (PA, PIAA, YAIAA). The safety protocols for all involved (participants, staff, and fans) are our first priority. The next priority is to give the students as many events as we can to get the full experience of middle and high school. We all understand having the support of parents, friends, and classmates is important to the students performing. At this time providing the students performing the experience they have earned is the goal. We ask all fans to comply with the rules and regulations we are under today so the students will not lose the opportunity of those experiences in the future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.