Please click here to review the Reopening, Health & Safety Plan carefully.
October 23, 2020
Dear YC Families,
Thank you for the support and flexibility you have shown since we reopened our school in August. As we end the 1st marking period next week, we are blessed to share we have had no positive cases of students or staff to date.
For the 2nd marking period, we will continue all of our current health and safety protocol:
- Students and staff are COVID-screened each morning, including temperature checks.
- Each classroom is provided with sanitizing wipes (to clean high touch points such as desks after each student use).
- Hand sanitizer is available in each classroom and common areas.
- Our cleaning staff uses non-toxic cleaning solutions for all high touch surfaces including restrooms, handrails, doorknobs, and hallways and clean these areas frequently throughout the day. They also use cleaning equipment similar to that which is used in the medical setting (Clorox Total 360 Cleaning System eligible for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, antistatic backpack sprayers, and antistatic foggers).
- All air conditioners contain filters or ionizers.
- Students and staff wear masks.
- Students and staff maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
- Lunch tables are equipped with plexiglass dividers between each student.
- Classes are dismissed on a staggered schedule to reduce high traffic in the hallways.
For the second marking period, we will also continue to provide our students and families with a virtual learning option in an effort to meet any health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To help us continue to provide a virtual learning option that balances academics with health and safety needs, the following procedure will be in place throughout the remainder of this school year for those families who wish to change from one learning option to another (Virtual to In-Person or In-Person to Virtual ) during the 2020-2021 school year. The chosen learning option will be in place for a full marking period before it can be changed again, should a family wish to do so.
- If you do not wish to change your child’s learning option, you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If you do wish to change your child’s learning option for Marking Period 2, please see below for instructions
Deadlines for notifying Mrs. Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org of your intent to move from one learning option to another for Marking Periods 2, 3 and 4 are listed below:
- October 28 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 2nd marking period (Q2)
- November 2 Change in effect (duration of Q2)
- January 14 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 3rd marking period (Q3)
- January 19 Change in effect (duration of Q3)
February 17 – Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the second half of 3rd marking period (Q3)
February 22 – Change in effect for the remainder of Q3
- March 26 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 4th marking period (Q4)
- April 6 Change in effect (duration of Q4)
Please note the following:
- Students who are required to quarantine due to health and safety concerns and/or travel may still switch to remote learning during the quarantine period to avoid the disruption of their studies.
- York Catholic reserves the right to make changes as needed on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for all your family is doing to help keep York Catholic a safe learning environment.
Katie Seufert ‘96
August 1, 2020
As you know, the start of the 2020-2021 school year will look and feel different as we continue to navigate the health situation related to COVID-19. As guidelines evolve, our school will continue to adapt to the recommendations issued by federal, state, Diocesan, and local entities for our area.
As previously published, York Catholic High School plans to “Return to Learn” in person, on campus, 5 days per week for the 2020-2021 school year. As an alternative to in-person instruction, families will be given the option to participate in virtual instruction via “simultaneous teaching.” Webcams and tripods have been placed in every classroom to allow students who choose (for COVID-related reasons), to participate live in the classroom from home as if they were seated in the physical classroom themselves. We are prepared for all possible alternatives, should further remote learning be necessary as a result of a required physical campus closure.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to Return to Learn at YC for the 2020-2021 school year. As always, we appreciate your partnership in the Catholic education of your children.
Katie Seufert ‘96