Health & Safety Plan 2022-23
Diocese of Harrisburg/York Catholic Middle & High School
COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan 2022-23
York Catholic Middle & High School will be observing the following COVID protocol at this time:
- Masks and/or vaccinations are not required.
- Individuals with COVID positive test results will isolate 5 days past the onset of symptoms or positive test results (whichever occurs first) regardless of vaccination status and are not permitted to enter school grounds or participate in school extra-curricular activities. If the positive individual is asymptomatic on day 5, he/she may return to school and activities on day 6. Day 0 is the day symptoms begin or a test has positive results, whichever is first.
- If a member of the student’s household tests positive, the negative-testing student should continue to report to school, if asymptomatic. The family needs to make every effort to separate the student from the sick family member. The student is required to take a home COVID test on day three of exposure, and on day five. If the student tests negative and remains asymptomatic, the student stays in school. Day 0 is the day the family member’s symptoms begin or the family member tests positive, whichever is first.
- Virtual learning will not be offered at this time. If a student needs any books from his/her locker, please notify the attendance office. Books will be retrieved and will be available for pickup in the main office.
- Notifications of the number of positive cases within our school community will be included in the weekly Irish Eye e-newsletter. Close contact notifications will be made directly to the parent as warranted via email.
As COVID-19 guidelines evolve, our school will continue to adapt to the recommendations issued by federal, state, Diocesan, and local entities for our area.