In-Person or Live Virtual Instruction
The 2020-2021 school year will look and feel different as we continue to navigate the health situation related to COVID-19. As guidelines evolve, our school will continue to adapt to the recommendations issued by federal, state, Diocesan, and local entities for our area.
York Catholic High School will “Return to Learn” in person, on campus, 5 days per week for the 2020-2021 school year. As an alternative to in-person instruction, families have the option to participate in virtual instruction via “simultaneous teaching.” Webcams and tripods have been placed in every classroom to allow students who choose (for COVID-related reasons), to participate live in the classroom from home as if they were seated in the physical classroom themselves. We are prepared for all possible alternatives, should further remote learning be necessary as a result of a required physical campus closure.
Please click here for
York Catholic’s Reopening, Health & Safety Plan.
To help us continue to provide a virtual learning option that balances academics with health and safety needs, the following procedure will be in place throughout the remainder of this school year for those families who wish to change from one learning option to another (Virtual to In-Person or In-Person to Virtual ) during the 2020-2021 school year. The chosen learning option will be in place for a full marking period before it can be changed again, should a family wish to do so.
- If you do not wish to change your child’s learning option, you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If you do wish to change your child’s learning option for Marking Period 2, please see below for instructions
Deadlines for notifying Mrs. Hand at email@example.com of your intent to move from one learning option to another for Marking Periods 2, 3 and 4 are listed below:
- October 28 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 2nd marking period (Q2)
- November 2 Change in effect (duration of Q2)
- January 8 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 3rd marking period (Q3)
- January 19 Change in effect (duration of Q3)
- March 26 Deadline for parents to email Mrs. Hand with intent to change learning option for the 4th marking period (Q4)
- April 6 Change in effect (duration of Q4)
Please note the following:
- Students who are required to quarantine due to health and safety concerns and/or travel may still switch to remote learning during the quarantine period to avoid the disruption of their studies.
- York Catholic reserves the right to make changes as needed on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for all your family is doing to help keep York Catholic a safe learning environment. As always, we appreciate your partnership in the Catholic education of your children.
“I am so impressed and relieved at how the teachers are making sure the distance learners feel involved in their classes. On the first day of school, my son answered questions in class, completed a group assignment with his fellow distance learners, and completed a paired assignment with one of the in-person students. I thought that was pretty awesome. Thank you again!”
(also be sure to read YC’s Irish Eye, weekly e-newsletter)
Virtual Distance Learning Protocols & Agreement – amended 10/28/20
Return to Learn – Safety Reminder – 8/24/20
Return to Learn – Orientation Info for Virtual Distance Learning
Return to Learn Safety Video – 8/21/20
Return to Learn Frequently Asked Questions – 8/20/20
Information for Virtual Distance Learning Students – 8/19/20
Information for New Families – 8/18/20