Family Customized Tuition
At York Catholic, we are committed to making an excellent private education experience available to all families who believe their child will thrive at a place where they can prepare not just for college and career, but also ready their hearts and minds for today and for the future. Much like the YC education experience is personalized to each student’s individual needs, Family Customized Tuition replaces the one-size-fits-all model to match each family’s contribution to their unique financial circumstances. Your individual tuition contribution is personalized based on your unique means and needs, ensuring it is the right fit for your family.
Have Questions? Interested in Learning More?
You can learn more about the program below, including the process and how tuition is personalized, or reach out to our team to start a conversation and get your questions answered. We are here to help and offer personal support and guidance every step of the way.
Director of Admissions
email@example.com | 717-846-8871 x1354
How Family Customized Tuition Works
Learn more about the program.Get Info
Request Your Personal Tuition Contribution
You can complete the process online to request your customized contribution.Get Started
Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Check out answers to some common Family Customized Tuition questions.Go to FAQs
How YC Family Customized Tuition Works
Your individual tuition contribution is personalized based on your unique means and needs, ensuring it is the right fit for your family.
*Contribution examples are projected and customized to each family.
Fast Facts About Family Customized Tuition
Affording private education excellence at YC is within reach with Family Customized Tuition.
- The program is available to every current York Catholic family and interested applicant with students in both the middle and high school (grades 7 through 12).
- Similar to the FAFSA process for colleges and universities, families will complete a brief financial questionnaire online that factors in individual financial circumstances and applies them to create your customized tuition based on factors such as your annual income, debts, family size, obligations, etc.
- The process to apply for your custom tuition contribution can be completed online via the Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) system, a confidential, third-party application.
- Completing the confidential financial questionnaire to request your Family Customized Tuition contribution is a part of the application process and should occur simultaneously.
Students who are active members of a parish within the Diocese of Harrisburg can complete the form below to have the available parishioner tuition rate applied to their tuition contribution.
Find Out More About Family Customized Tuition
Request Your Family Customized Tuition
All families are asked to complete the Family Customized Tuition confidential online financial questionnaire as part of the annual re-enrollment (for current students) or the application process (for new students). For new families applying to YC, this step can be completed simultaneously with the application process. To get started, visit the Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) website (please note there is a $25 STS application fee). If you are prompted for a school code, enter 20623.
The process can be completed anytime throughout the year, but the following offer guidelines for students planning to join YC at the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
- March 1, 2023 – Family Customized Tuition Informational Meeting at 6 PM at YC
- March 8, 2023 – STS Financial Questionnaire Assistance by Appointment 717-846-8871 x1315
- March 14, 2023 – STS Financial Questionnaire Assistance by Appointment 717-846-8871 x1315
- April 1, 2023 – STS Financial Questionnaire Completion Deadline
- April 14, 2023 – Enrollment Deadline*
*Materials can be submitted after this date, but will incur an increased enrollment fee
We Are Here to Help!
Contact us anytime to get your questions answered or for help with the process.
Director of Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org | 717-846-8871 x1354
Frequently Asked Questions
Family Customized Tuition at York Catholic Middle and High School reflects YC’s commitment to providing access to excellent private Catholic education for families of all income levels. The program provides families with personalized tuition based on their unique financial circumstances.
Yes, there is a $25 fee to cover the cost of the third-party Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) platform.
YC partners with Simple Tuition Solutions (STS), a confidential third-party financial evaluation resource for independent schools across the country. Similar to the FAFSA process for colleges and universities, the STS Financial Questionnaire takes into account each family’s unique financial picture, which is used to calculate the Family Customized Tuition contribution.
Completing the Simple Tuition Solutions Financial Questionnaire to request your Family Customized Tuition is a part of the YC admissions process. You can click here for additional details on applying to YC.
The Simple Tuition Solution STS Financial Questionnaire asks for some of the following information:
- Social security numbers
- All taxable income
- IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040-EZ Individual Tax Return
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
- Supporting Tax Schedules
- Business – Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization
- Farm – Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization
- Rental Property – Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1, and Form 8825
- Partnership – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1, and Form 8825
- Estates & Trusts – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041, and Schedule K-1
- Non-taxable income – child support, Social Security, worker’s compensation, TANF, welfare, etc.
- Residential expenses
- Vehicle expenses
- Credit cards and other loans
- Health insurance premiums
- Annual expenses – vehicle, medical
- College expenses
- Daycare expenses
- Elder expenses
- Assets and Liabilities
Yes. The number of children enrolled or seeking enrollment within a family is included when determining each family’s Family Customized Tuition contribution.
For those interested in beginning with YC or continuing with YC at the start of the 2023-2024 school year:
- Families who complete the application or re-enrollment process (including the STS Financial Questionnaire) by April 1 will receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information by June 1.
- Families who complete the application or re-enrollment process including the STS Financial Questionnaire after April 1 will receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information within eight (8) weeks of the submission date.
- Families who submit applications or re-enrollment requests (including the STS Financial Questionnaire) after June 1 should expect to receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information within approximately two (2) weeks from the submission date.
No, Family Customized Tuition is not a loan program, and the amount of the reduced tuition contribution will never need to be repaid.
For 2023-2024, the Early Enrollment fee is $200 per student if paid by February 16, 2023; $250 if paid by April 14, 2023; and $300 if paid after April 14, 2023. $200.00 of the enrollment or re-enrollment fee will be applied to each child’s 2023-2024 required technology and capital improvement fees ($100.00 each).
We understand circumstances can change from year to year which is why Family Customized Tuition is re-evaluated and determined annually. In the event of a change or hardship mid-year, families may reach out to YC Principal Mrs. Katie Seufert at email@example.com.