Family Customized Tuition
At York Catholic, we are committed to making an excellent private education experience available to all families who believe their child will thrive at a place where they can prepare not just for college and career, but also ready their hearts and minds for today and for the future. Much like the YC education experience is personalized to each student’s individual needs, Family Customized Tuition replaces the one-size-fits-all model to match each family’s contribution to their unique financial circumstances.
Have Questions? Interested in Learning More?
You can learn more about the program below, including the process and how tuition is personalized, or reach out to our team to start a conversation and get your questions answered. We are here to help and offer personal support and guidance every step of the way.
Director of Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org | 717-846-8871 x1354
How Family Customized Tuition Works
Learn more about the program.Get Info
Request Your Personal Tuition Contribution
You can complete the process online to request your customized contribution.Get Started
Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Check out answers to some common Family Customized Tuition questions.Go to FAQs
How YC Family Customized Tuition Works
Family Customized Tuition will vary for each family, but may fall within this range.
*Contribution examples are projected and customized to each family.
This regular tuition rate becomes the foundation for the Family Customized Tuition planning process and is the maximum contribution for families who choose not to participate in Family Customized Tuition.
No YC family is asked to contribute 100% of the actual costs to educate a student which is $12,500. Generous gifts from supporting parishes and YC donors cover a portion of the total cost each year.
Fast Facts About Family Customized Tuition
Affording private education excellence at YC is within reach with Family Customized Tuition.
- The program is available to every current York Catholic family and interested applicant with students in both the middle and high school (grades 7 through 12).
- Similar to the FAFSA process for colleges and universities, families will complete a brief financial questionnaire online that factors in individual financial circumstances and applies them to create your customized tuition based on factors such as your annual income, debts, family size, obligations, etc.
- The process to apply for your custom tuition contribution can be completed online via the Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) system, a confidential, third-party application.
- Completing the confidential financial questionnaire to request your Family Customized Tuition contribution is a part of the application process and should occur simultaneously.
Students who are active members of a parish within the Diocese of Harrisburg can complete the form below to have the available parishioner tuition rate applied to their tuition contribution.
Find Out More About Family Customized Tuition
Request Your Family Customized Tuition
All families are asked to complete the Family Customized Tuition confidential online financial questionnaire as part of the annual re-enrollment (for current students) or the application process (for new students). For new families applying to YC, this step can be completed simultaneously with the application process. To get started, visit the Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) website. If you are prompted for a school code, enter 20623.
The process can be completed anytime throughout the year, but the following offer guidelines for students planning to join YC at the start of the 2024-2025 school year.
- March 6, 2024 – STS Financial Questionnaire Assistance by Appointment 717-846-8871 x1315
- March 12, 2024 – STS Financial Questionnaire Assistance by Appointment 717-846-8871 x1315
- April 1, 2024 – STS Financial Questionnaire Completion Deadline
- April 12, 2024 – Enrollment Deadline*
*Materials can be submitted after this date, but will incur an increased enrollment fee
We Are Here to Help!
Contact us anytime to get your questions answered or for help with the process.
Director of Admissions
email@example.com | 717-846-8871 x1354
Frequently Asked Questions
Family Customized Tuition at York Catholic Middle and High School reflects YC’s commitment to providing access to excellent private Catholic education for families of all income levels. The program provides families with personalized tuition based on their unique financial circumstances.
For the 2024-25 school year, there is no fee to complete the Financial Questionnaire on the Simple Tuition Solutions (STS) platform.
YC partners with Simple Tuition Solutions (STS), a confidential third-party financial evaluation resource for independent schools across the country. Similar to the FAFSA process for colleges and universities, the STS Financial Questionnaire takes into account each family’s unique financial picture, which is used to calculate the Family Customized Tuition contribution.
The Simple Tuition Solution STS Financial Questionnaire asks for some of the following information:
- Social security numbers
- All taxable income
- IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040-EZ Individual Tax Return
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
- Supporting Tax Schedules
- Business – Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization
- Farm – Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization
- Rental Property – Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1, and Form 8825
- Partnership – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1, and Form 8825
- Estates & Trusts – Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041, and Schedule K-1
- Non-taxable income – child support, Social Security, worker’s compensation, TANF, welfare, etc.
- Residential expenses
- Vehicle expenses
- Credit cards and other loans
- Health insurance premiums
- Annual expenses – vehicle, medical
- College expenses
- Daycare expenses
- Elder expenses
- Assets and Liabilities
Yes. The number of children enrolled or seeking enrollment within a family is included when determining each family’s Family Customized Tuition contribution.
For those interested in beginning with YC or continuing with YC at the start of the school year:
- Families who complete the application or re-enrollment process (including the STS Financial Questionnaire) by April 1 will receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information by June 15.
- Families who complete the application or re-enrollment process including the STS Financial Questionnaire after April 1 will receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information within twelve (12) weeks of the submission date.
- Families who submit applications or re-enrollment requests (including the STS Financial Questionnaire) after June 15 should expect to receive their Family Customized Tuition contribution information within approximately two (2) weeks from the submission date.
No, Family Customized Tuition is not a loan program, and the amount of the reduced tuition contribution will never need to be repaid.
For 2024-2025, the Early Enrollment fee is $250 per student if paid by February 15, 2024; $300 if paid by April 12, 2024; and $350 if paid after April 12, 2024. The enrollment or re-enrollment fee is applied to each child’s 2024-2025 required technology, capital improvement, and application fees.
We understand circumstances can change from year to year which is why Family Customized Tuition is re-evaluated and determined annually. In the event of a change or hardship mid-year, families may reach out to YC Principal Mrs. Katie Seufert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Questions About Family Customized Tuition?
Complete the form below to connect with our admissions team to learn more about the program and what sets the YC experience apart.