Welcome to the YC Cafeteria!
The cafeteria provides daily lunch service to all students and staff. A wide variety of school lunch selections are featured by a daily hot meal special that can be found on the school calendar. Hot and cold options are also available.
Join the Caf Staff!
The Caf Staff takes care of preparing all of the food and serving it to our students and staff. The Caf Staff is always in need of extra hands, so if you have time between 10:45 AM and 1:15 PM weekdays and would like to volunteer, please contact our Cafeteria Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can schedule you for one day or all week. We’d be happy to have you join our team!
York Catholic requires all families to use the Lunchtime program in order to purchase items from the school cafeteria. Through this system, parents are able to view what their students are purchasing in the cafeteria and their lunch account balances. The following policies are in place regarding Lunchtime Accounts and Balances. We encourage parents to sign up for email notification when their Lunchtime account balances are getting low.
- Parents may deposit money electronically into their child’s lunchtime account through their Focus account. Any deposit after 8 am will be credited to the account by the next business day.
- Checks and/or cash are not accepted in the cafeteria for food purchases during lunch periods. It is the responsibility of the student to submit a check (not cash) in a sealed envelope (clearly labeled with his/her name, grade, and student ID number) and place it in the Lunchtime box located in the cafeteria for the student’s account to be credited. The minimum check amount is $10. Funds may not be available for 24 hours.
- It is the student and parent’s responsibility to monitor the Lunchtime account online for balance information and retain a positive balance at all times.
- If a student has a lunchtime balance at $0.00 or below, they will only have the option to purchase a lunch consisting of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit, and 8 oz. drink for $3.00.
- No refunds will be given during the school year. Seniors will be issued a refund on accounts with a balance of $5 or more after graduation unless they have a sibling enrolled at YC in which case the balance will be transferred to the sibling for the next school year. All underclassmen accounts will roll-over to the next school year.
- Report cards and Focus access will be held at the end of each quarter if Lunchtime balances are not current.